But I say that one of the great things about the blogosphere is our ability to reach each other in unexpected ways, across many miles. To make new friends, learn from each other, and find common interests. To appreciate the life and loves and hardships and strengths of each other. And to share the unexpected and true gift of awards accorded to each other without pretence and out of personal admiration and love.
And so, without further adieu, here is the news!!!
That talented mrsfatface has awarded my blog with the Kreative Blogger award! I want to thank the Academy, my producers, my ETSY teams, and most of all, my incredible co-stars, my family, for the wonderful stories and content and enrichment they provide to my everyday life!
I know! I know! I am all, like, oooh! aaah! Excellent Fun!
Please, please, before all the congratulations, I do have a tiny little speech.
The rules that I accepted along with this award (do all awards come with rules? hmmm.) are that I am to list seven (7) things that I love, and then pass the award on to others. So, while I am holding this highly coveted award let me share some loving surprises.
1) I love my husband, the one and only Mr. R. L. Bryant. Now who of you is surprised by that?
Mr. Bryant patiently lets me take one more picture.
But who can resist that Man in a White Shirt?!?! Smokin' Hot!!!
2) I love my family, everyone. Here are some of them....
At the beach. (Oh yes, I love the beach too, but I go there with my family so I am counting it here. Nothing in the rules about that. Nothing at all.)
3) I love PEACH PIE! Can't wait for summer and fresh peaches. Recipe here! Can't Wait!
I really need some peach pie now.
4) I love THESE! They were made just for me by the very talented sixsisters at ETSY. Fantastic and beautiful work! I have been very slowly using them, as I don't want to use them up too quick! Thanks so much, LOVE YOU SIX!
The Snow Hare - hand pulled print by
5) I love ART. In every form. All the time. Making, sharing, viewing, appreciating. Love It. I am really lucky to be surrounded by incredible artists at every turn. Painting, drawing, welding, cooking, dancing, smiling, spinning yarn, and making castles. Art is everywhere around me and I am grateful every moment.
Or here, as a sand castle begins to take shape. From the artist's mind and into life on the beach!
6) I love reading. Did ya know it?
On my bedside table. The books change, but the size of the stack never seems to diminish!
7) I love the music. Especially orchestral and choral music. Singing or listening to choral music reminds me of playing with or listening to an orchestra. I love all the parts, the harmonies. Love it! But, oh, my favs? Pachelbel's Canon. Moonlight Serenade. Yep. There they are.
And just like on my birthday, I am going to add one love to grow on. I love SCRAPBOOKING, putting all these memories where they will last and last, telling the stories of our every day lives, creating a legacy. I have incredible inspiration here from honored artists like Donna Downey, Jennifer Stewart, and Cathy Zielski to everyday people like the amazing Nilla in Kuala Lumpur and the inspired and Very Fun Debi Ellis.
And now, in these last few moments as I prepare to pass this award on, let me tell you that each and every one of these nominees is fabulous, special, talented, and WONDERFUL and that I am lucky lucky LUCKY to know them and learn from them every day. Each one of these award winners has taught me something precious, and I thank them. I am still learning every day, and everyone I meet is giving me the gift of enriching my life!
I bequeath the Kreative Blogger award to the following highly deserving bloggers, with no rules at all. :) Congratulations to....
Janine at AltheaP - a fascinating blogger and artist
Chauncy at her blogspot - a wonderful creative glass artist with a lovely blog
Chris at NiminyFingers - a very talented felt artist with great heart
Olivia at TheFiligreeGarden - a wonderful creative jewelry and fiber artist and a fabulous writer
Jean Hood, The Texas Hill Country Painter - one of my favorite painters with a great blog as well
Joan at SixSisters - a mult-talented artist with a fun and informative art blog
Pearl at Fehustoneware - a fabulous potter and interesting and creative blogger