Thursday, October 1, 2009

Weddings



I find that I have a soft spot in my heart for weddings. Which is a surprise to me, as I didn't like weddings for the longest time.

They are quite a conundrum, you see - such emotional events, so full of joy and frustration and busy-ness and thoughtfulness. A time to hurry and a time to reflect, a time to rush and a time to give thanks.

ADR and SRR are planning their wedding and reception. We are looking for things that are old, new, borrowed and blue. And talking about food, parties, decorations, and flowers.

And that had me thinking about how much I loved my wedding bouquet. I only had it for a day and a half, you see. Then we got on the plane to Hawaii and I couldn't take it with me. The flowers were still beautiful and fresh, softer than soft. The ribbon was a beautiful satin. And I hated parting with the flowers. I hated it.

But I love my new life, and I loved my Hawaiian vacation, and I love that incredible Mr. Bryant. And it was all worth leaving the flowers behind.

Plus, I still have the pictures. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails