Friday, March 12, 2010

Spinning


I am glad to be back spinning. I had weeks where I didn't want to touch the wheel.

But now, here we go. :) I found some Superwash Merino Fiber in just the perfect shade of grey. I am really excited, and am spinning up these fibers so the momma can make wonderful socks for the gentlemen in the family. I plan to ply them with fabulously soft tiny thread like fibers, to create a strong yarn that is still fine and wonderful to work with. I have my fingers crossed that there will be excellent socks soon.

My plans next are to spin up a fabulous array of greys for sweaters. Mrs. Hanson is practicing sweater patterns now, so just about the time she is ready, I should have some wonderful yarn prepared.


The white is Alpaca. The light grey is also Alpaca, and the vari-colored greys are Merino and Silk. Should be something lovely before we are done!

2 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Fascinating!!!!! What awonderful gift you have!!!!

Mage said...

Gosh, how I love yarns and threads. I used to have three looms......now I just count pixels and blog. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails