Saturday, November 6, 2010

Girls and Books


My amazing and lovely friends have rallied around me, from everywhere and unexpectedly. Friends from the internet, friends from the neighborhood, friends from the office - dear ones that somehow have managed to understand my conflicts and the challenges of life that are confronting me. What a gift you all are.

Last night, girls that I had not talked to in months took me out for drinks. A few of my Book Club girls (we have been slack at reading over the summer!). We snacked, talked silly gossip, talked about kids, laughed. Then they turned to me and said - so, do you want to talk about anything?

All my conflicts and feelings burst out, and they listened to all the sides of the story that I had in hand. They gave me perspective. They helped me get a handle on what was happening. They gave me insight into my own feelings from a different perspective.

And oh, how amazing - after all the talking and brief tearing up and laughing and sharing, I truly truly felt better. Able to cope. Able to be much more peaceful. I know all the trite comments about "you will feel better after talking," but goodness, I did! Oh, the preciousness of friends that listen, that call you out when you are not making sense, that give you honest perspective, that show that you are valued and keep you real. Thank you to my beloved true friends. You are a gift beyond measure.


1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

I am sorry for your loss. I'm glad your friends are so supportive. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails