So I was reading out on Cathy Zielski's blog, because I am making her Gratitude album. It is a little tiny book that will capture the things we are thankful for - and I think that remembering what we are thankful for this year will be helpful for our family. 2009 and 2010 have been quite the challenging years - but there have been wonderful moments as well, moments that we need to remember and that we are truly thankful for. Over the course of the last several days I have created the book and pages that we will use to document our thanks. We plan to set out these pages when we get together on Thanksgiving day and express our thanks for many things great and small. Fun, right?Anyway, today when I went to Cathy's Blog I found information about a giveaway she is doing in association with Game Stop. And not only did I decide to enter - I thought you might be interested as well. You can go here to see more information about how to enter directly from "Today's Mama," and I recommend it. The grand prize over there is an XBOX 360/Kinect combo pack, the Special Edition DSi combo pack, the Special Edition Wii combo pack and a $1000 gift card to Gamestop. Check out these "Grand Prizes:"
One XBox 360 250 GB with Kinect
Plus, a ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR GameStop gift certificate so you can fill those stockings with games and accessories.This is a Nice Giveaway for the Holidays!
It is also a bit of fun to enter, because you get to share your holiday wish list with them, and link it back to your own blog. You simply copy their list and answer, which is what I'm going to do now, because my kids and grandkids have some of these very items on their Christmas Lists!
1. What is your holiday wish for your family? I wish that every single member of my family find health and happiness and success in their every endeavor. I wish that my family have contentment and delight in every day, and that they hold kindness in their hearts. I wish that my family have peace and enjoyment all the holiday season, and that they feel refreshed as we begin 2011 together.
2. What is your Christmas morning tradition? Christmas morning is a quiet time at our house, as the kids are all grown. Mr. Bryant and I get up and have coffee and enjoy music and the time together, putting the finishing touches on any food or gift work before the whole family arrives. When everyone arrives we do stockings first, and then Asa and Jaya deliver the gifts around and we have an opening free for all!
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? Well, I thought about this one. Winning the lottery would be great, but in lieu of that, a Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III and associated photography lessons for a year.
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money? Spending time together playing games. :) We are talking about Christmas Jeopardy already. We do have such a blast playing games.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up? Scrabble, Big Boggle (the one with 16 cubes, none of this 9 cube business!), Monopoly, Charades.
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood? Stockings First. :)
7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip? We went on a cruise a few years ago, but missed those who didn't come with. I don't think we would go again. Our family traditions are grounding and help us prepare for the new year.
8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?
Xbox 360/Kinect looks pretty darn cool, and like I said - I know a few people in the family that have this on their list already! Zumba Fitness for Wii would be perfect for another family member that is ready for a fun fitness workout. And then, Disney Epic Mickey! I mean, doesn't that sound like fun already!?!?!?
Good luck everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you all take a moment to remember what you are thankful for.