Sunday, March 16, 2008

Rough Day - and some rings

Today, I worked on multiple craft items - let's see. I think I had 6 things going at a time. I am trying to cram everything into the weekend, since I don't yet have this "working at a workplace" job figured out. Last week, all week long I wanted to work on crafting. And all week long I either had errands to run after work or was simply too tired.


So, yesterday and today I have been working up a storm. And today, three of my creations turned out to be lessons rather than great finished products.


Now, I know that is really good. And I know that to be a better artist I need to always keep learning. But I would not be true if I didn't share that I am dissapointed. Shoot.


So, I will try again later - these three designs are important to me. They have been in my mind for a week now, and need to become a reality. They are pushing me to make them real, to make them something that can be held in my hand and seen with my two eyes - not just in my mind.

But now, I am taking a break and getting caught up on the photoshop class that I have fallen behind in - egad.

Here, for your viewing pleasure, is my first play attempt at working with rings. :) I created the ring, the border around the ring, the picture frame, and the layout. This picture is from my mother and father's 50th wedding anniversary party. Matt, Asa (with a cow on his head), Amanda, and Miss Jaya - who hurt her finger. You can see the boxes on the table made by etsy artisan favormakers (favormakers.etsy.com).




This class is phenomenal, and for anyone who wants to learn photoshop or photoshop elements, this is a great way to learn the product - not just for digital scrapbooking, but for anything at all. There is a series of classes, but I am currently in the first one - "Up and Running with Photoshop." Go check it out, it is worth the time. And in fact, the first day I learned so many time saving features that I believe it was worth the price after that single lesson!

http://jessicasprague.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails