Friday, October 3, 2008

Loving the new layout SQUARED!

Wow, I am loving the new layout of these blog pages. I don't know why I didn't do this months ago. More room to write, more room for pictures - great idea! Hope you all are finding it easy to read.

And wow, I am loving the new layout I just did for my Big Picture Scrapbooking Class - Design Your Life. Cathy Zielski is teaching, and I often love her stuff.
But just so you know, I am not a fan of symmetry. In fact, I actively avoid symmetry. Things that are symmetrical often seem plain to me, lacking creative POP. I don't like symmetry in decorating my house, in hanging pictures, in designing pages and cards. But I am learning from Cathy Zielski, and I take my learning very seriously. The first design principle that she is getting us into is - you guessed it - symmetry. In fact, it is so important to her that we are spending two weeks on it. (Seriously? Two weeks? Geez...) I took a deep breath and jumped in, determined to do what she said (not what I normally do) so I can (eventually) really understand how I can leverage symmetry to come up with designs that work better.

This first layout is pretty simple - and exactly what Cathy told us to do - and look! I LOVE IT!


I especially love the big picture - and I love the directness of the story that comes out through the pictures. Many of these pictures you saw before - oh, that's right! Just in the last posting! Well, I was thinking about the mountains, and now here we are.

1 comment:

Judy Nolan said...

I didn't realize you were taking a class with Cathy Zielske. I SO admire her work! And now I'm envious (but in a good way).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails