Friday, February 20, 2009

After Family Dinner

After Family Dinner and after walking the dog.

We have been trying to have a great family dinner once a week, when various family comes over and we have everything made from scratch. I have really been enjoying this new endeavor, but I am always so busy that I find I don't take any pictures - if I take any at all - until AFTER dinner is over!


After an auction day, and After Dinner

As you can imagine, I love having the family over and around, and love being with the kids and grandkids and parents and all. So these family dinners are right up my alley. I do want to capture our food and fun occasionally, though! We are only beginning these gatherings, and so far we have had hot sandwiches at several of our dinners, yummy ones for sure, with veggies and salads on the side. We have also had some danged good desserts, starting with Aunt Sophie's Texas Sheet Cake and going on to include Chocolate Cupcakes (perfect for after school snacks) and Chocolate Chip Cookies (perfect for lunches too!).



Last dinner we managed to have something different (as in, NOT sandwiches) - Chicken and Dumplings - and I got a few pictures just as the last bites were being eaten. I found the recipe on the internet here, and it was super duper good.





This week the menu is Roasted Chicken, Green Beans, and Mashed Potatoes. Dessert? Banana Pudding Squares. Sound yummy? I think so.



Texas Sheet Cake and the Verdict On Dinner and Dessert, taken After Dinner!


This week I will try to do better and get some before and during pictures to share!!!

1 comment:

Jean Levert Hood said...

I love this idea, Kimberley! how wonderful for your family. That little "thumbs up" girl is too adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails