Monday, November 8, 2010

A soup day


It is beautiful looking out the window here today. Everyone alive on the planet should get to enjoy this view. Today from my office window tucked up under the eaves I can see those amazing sunny, crisp, Carolina-blue skies. Blue so clear it almost hurts. Cold though, especially in the mornings. Cold enough for a little warm soup tonight for our rescheduled family dinner.

We are cranky. So I am making Mulligatawny. We need the bite of the pepper to bite us back and balance our mood. Two big pots. And some nan and rice to ladle the soup over.

And apple caramel cheesecake for dessert.

Ok. I can do that.

How does that sound?

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Sounds yummy - how do I get a seat at the table?!

And, hey, did you notice that you won my giveaway!!

Mage said...

We were supposed to go out....yet again, but now we are in. Perhaps a grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of soup. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails