Wednesday, January 23, 2013

One true eye


When last we talked I was learning how to draw a little bit. I had started focusing on eyes, because everything I read said that the eyes were the hardest part.  I got some amazing graphite pencils and read a lot of instruction and followed recommendations  - and drew this eye.

I was really happy with this eye, and decided to try the rest of the face.

That experiment taught me a couple important things:
  • First, that I can draw.  And if I can draw, after years of saying that I could not - well then - I can do anything I put my mind to.  WHAT A REVELATION!  I am working hard to allow this awareness to change my life in 2013.
  • Second, a lot of drawing is required to be a good artist.  Focus and practice is critical.
  • Third,  for me, the eyes are NOT the hardest part.  Instead, for me, it is the nose.  I am not even going to show you my nose work because I have a long way to go to improve my noses.  I have a lot of noses to draw.  :)

Someday I will share with you here, a whole face.  I just know it.

But not today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails